Learn to Samba with my video tutorials!
Sambaliscious’ online Samba lessons will see you progress from Beginners level right through to Advanced and Performers level, learning how to dance like a Brazilian Samba Queen from the Rio Carnival!
Click on the box to view a sample of what is available for purchase.
ABOUT THE VIDEOS
Set in Rio de Janeiro, choose your level and learn at your own pace with these easy-to-follow lessons by Australia’s very own Samba Queen, Mishel Jemma Finlayson.
Includes basic moves such as posture, hip movements, arms, samba on the spot and a bonus lesson which covers a complete samba dance warm up to improve your arm, hip and body movements!
Beginner Level Videos:
- Lesson 1 – Posture, hip movements, basic Samba steps & Samba warm up.
- Lesson 2 – Samba on the spot, moving backwards & tightrope walk.
- Lesson 3 – Rebolar on the spot (hip movements), rebolar arm movements, rebolar side to side & cross walk.
- Lesson 4 – Hip flick, hip drop & hip roll.
- Lesson 5 – BONUS Lesson: Samba warmup which takes you through a complete dance warm up to improve your hip, arm and body movements for Samba!
Intermediate lessons cover Samba arms, slides, walks, upper body exercises, turning and jump movements.
Intermediate Level Videos:
- Lesson 1 – Samba Hip emphasis, backwards slide, S Backwards & Cross Behind walk.
- Lesson 2 – Presentation Turn, Three Point Turn & Presentation Turn.
- Lesson 3 – Samba Diagonal, Fast Bahia.
- Lesson 4 – Footwork Variations – Backwards Slide & Twist, Scissor Jump and Side to Side Jump.
- Lesson 5 – BONUS Lesson: Will will focus on preparation steps such as Sweep Step, Leg & Shoulder Prep, Cross & Turn Prep.
Teaches hair and makeup preparation, attitude, styling and how to dance to the various instruments used in Samba.
Performer Level Videos:
- Lesson 1 – “Samba Queen Makeup” – A comprehensive makeup tutorial on extravagant eyes, smooth & silky skin, beautiful blush and luscious lips.
- Lesson 2 – “Samba Queen Hair” – A comprehensive hair tutorial on hair piece preparation, curling technique, hair piece application and Samba Queen ponytails.
- Lesson 3 – “Samba Queen Moves” – Movements such as body isolations, using your costume & attitude and how to use breaks.
- Lesson 4 – “Globeleza” – Globeleza moves including entrances, poses & styling.
- Lesson 5 – BONUS Lesson: “Musicality” – In this lesson, we conclude our series with learning about the main Samba instruments and how to adapt your dance to suit each one.
Join us for our fabulous dance fitness courses, suitable for both beginners and those with Samba experience!
Throughout the Samba Fit course, we will cover a mixture of Samba technique, dance cardio fitness, weight training, core strength, Pilates, Brazilian butt exercises and Yoga!
Have fun, work up a sweat and get that Brazilian body with Samba Fit!
Includes two video tutorials containing glutes, quads and hamstring exercises
Brazilian Abs, Butt & Thighs (ABT) video series
Throughout the Brazilian ABT course, we will cover a mixture of booty-building exercises including lunges, squats, leg strength/toning (with ankle weights), Pilates-based core strength and Yoga for flexibility!
ABOUT THE VIDEOS
We are not required to provide refunds if you change your mind about your purchase or are unsatisfied with the content. If you are unable to access the content due to a technical issue on our end (a major problem) and we are unable to resolve it, then a refund may be applicable. If there is a minor problem, we will attempt to resolve as quickly and fairly as possible.
With roots of African origin, this style of “Samba” or “Samba no pé” has been an iconic dance since its inception in the late 19th century. Made popular by Brazil’s world famous “Rio Carnival”, this dance style showcases the vibrance, beauty, colour and infectious energy of the Brazilian people and their culture.
Captivating in style and dazzling to see, this style of Samba accentuates strength, beauty, femininity and power of the female spirit.
Pre-intermediate lessons cover Samba arms, slides, walks, upper body exercises, turning and jump movements.
Pre-Intermediate Level Videos:
- Lesson 1 – Samba arm variations.
- Lesson 2 – Samba slide & Bahia.
- Lesson 3 – Bole Bole & Samba S Walk.
- Lesson 4 – Grapevine Walk & Cha Cha Walk.
- Lesson 5 – BONUS Lesson: We will focus on upper body exercises, body rolls and arm technique exercises.
Focuses on advanced level footwork, strutting and fast samba techniques. Also includes bonus ‘Yoga for Dancers’ lesson.
Advanced Level Videos:
- Lesson 1 – Passista Basic Step.
- Lesson 2 – Footwork Pattern 1 – “Tranca”.
- Lesson 3 – Footwork Pattern 2 – “Salto”.
- Lesson 4 – Fast Samba technique.
- Lesson 5 – BONUS Lesson: “Yoga for Dancers”. We will take you through a complete Yoga sequence to improve your torso, hip and lower body flexibility for Samba.
SAMBA TECHNIQUE (Beginners to Pre-Intermediate)
Includes videos such as Upper & Lower Body Isolations, Hip Movements, Full Body, Basic & Arm movements!
Samba Technique Videos:
- Lesson 1 – Basic Samba Technique
- Lesson 2 – Arm Movements
- Lesson 3 – Fast Movements
- Lesson 4 – Hip Movements
- Lesson 5 – Full Body Movements
- Lesson 6 – Lower Body Isolations
- Lesson 7 – Upper Body Isolations
SAMBA TECHNIQUE (Intermediate)
This is a one video lesson (45mins) for Intermediate level students!